Allergy to insects poses a problem in diagnosis and treatment because of the relative seriousness of stinging insect consequences.  It is important to realize that insects can either bite or sting.  A bite results in damage to the tissues in contrast to the deeper and potentially life threatening stings.  Common biting insects are mosquitoes, horse flies, deer flies, fleas, and fire ants and usually the tissue damage is not a major problem except if the bite gets infected or the bite excites an allergic reaction to the saliva of the insect.

Most serious stinging insect reactions happen following stings by bees, wasps, white face hornets, yellow hornets, yellow jackets and fire ants. 

Allergic reactions to insect stings may be:

  • Small swelling at the site of the sting
  • Large local reaction at the site of the sting
  • Hives involving large parts of the skin
  • Generalized skin itching or redness away from the sting site
  • Generalized skin hives away from the sting site
  • Drowsiness or loss of consciousness
  • Anaphylaxis (allergy shock) which can be very serious
  • There is no telling when a victim will get a local or generalized reaction.

IT IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE THAT INSECT STING VICTIMS BE TREATED IMMEDIATELY AND DEALT WITH AS A LIFE-THREATENING PROBLEM UNTIL THEY COMPLETELY RECOVER.  THIS CAN  BE A DEADLY ENCOUNTER.  IMMUNOTHERAPY (VENOM ALLERGY SHOTS) IS LIFESAVER MEASURE TO GUARD AGAINST FUTURE STINGS.
 
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE LIFE SAVING IMMUNOTHERAPY TREATMENT FOR STINGING INSECTS SUFFERERS.

WE CAN HELP.